Completing your registration
To enroll in the three UCLA courses required for the Bilingual Authorization for Mandarin, you must use the UCLA Summer Sessions online registration system to enroll in Education 413A, 413B, and 413C.
At this step, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable $150 deposit. This $150 will go toward the $2506 total program cost (please refer to the UCLA SIBT program page for details). You must pay the remaining balance before your payment deadline; otherwise, your enrollment may be canceled.
Date of Enrollment Payment Deadline
Before May 18 May 18 at 5PM
May 18 - June 22 June 22 at 5PM
After June 22 Due immediately
Follow the instructions below. If you have any questions, please contact the UCLA Confucius Institute by email or at (310) 825-8839.
Step by Step Instructions
- Complete and submit the online registration form for UCLA Summer Sessions - Academic Courses
- Submitting the registration form opens a payment page. Please pay the $150 non-refundable deposit using a credit card or electronic check.
- Check your inbox for two emails: 1) a receipt for the deposit, and 2) your registration confirmation with your 9-digit University Identification Number (UID). Record your UID number - you will need it later.
You will enroll in 3 classes. Each class carries 2 academic units and has its own unique Class ID.
- Go to www.my.ucla.edu. If you already have a UCLA Logon and Password, skip to step 8.
- Click "Create UCLA Logon / Password"
- Check box to agree to terms & conditions
- Select "UCLA Summer Sessions Only Student (new, current, or former)"
- Enter your name, date of birth, and UID
- Create a Logon, password, and security question
- Click "Create UCLA Logon" or "Create My Account"
- Next, sign in to www.my.ucla.edu
- Select "Classes", then "Find a Class and Enroll"
- For Term, select “Summer Sessions”. For “Search By” criteria, change to “Class ID”. In the box “Enter a 9-digit Class ID (Required)”, enter the class ID number 583768110, and select “Go”.
- You will receive the message “Enrollment Not Enabled”. Click the check boxes for all the terms and conditions, then select “Enable Enrollment”
- Check the “Plan” box. After checking the box, you will be asked to select the number of units for the course. Select two units. Then click “Enroll” to enroll in your first class.
- Add your second class by repeating steps 10-12. For the second course, enter 583764110 in the “Enter a 9-digit Class ID (Required)” box.
- Add your third class by repeating steps 10-12. For the third class, enter 583731110 in the “Enter a 9-digit Class ID (Required)” box.
- Check your enrollment by viewing your study list (linked). Make sure all three classes are on your Study List.
After registration & enrollment, you will need to pay the remaining $2356.
- Sign in to www.my.ucla.edu
- Select "Finances and Jobs", then "BruinBill"
- Select "Continue to BruinBill", then "Make A Payment"
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete payment