Scholarship for Students of MTCSOL (Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages) is provided to outstanding students of:
- Confucius Institutes (Classrooms)
- Overseas local Chinese language teachers
- Outstanding performers on HSK exams
- Winners of the "Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students
- Outstanding graduates of Chinese language
Scholarship time frame: starting in autumn 2013, for two academic years.
- Having bachelor or equivalent degree
- Scoring 180+ on the HSK (level 5) and 50+ on the HSKK (intermediate level)
- Making a written commitment stating that he/she will be engaged in Chinese language teaching for at least 5 years after graduation.
Applicants with specific teaching posts arranged will be given admission priority (certification by the institution he/she will teach for is required).
For information on the HSK test, please visit the Pasadena City College's website. The upcoming test will take place on April 20, 2013.