The Bellflower Unified School District is looking for a Mandarin Enrichment Consultant who, under the direction of an assigned supervisor, will provide language training and enrichment activities in Mandarin for students in grades K-8. The teacher doesn’t have to be credentialed. Here are more details:
RESPONSIBILITIES shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Provide Mandarin instruction to students in a small group setting:
- At the Home Education/Independent Study Academy provide small group enrichment activities to students 1 day a week.
- On a rotating basis, at seven elementary sites during the After School Program (APPLE): provide small group enrichment activities for 45 minutes, two days a week.
- At the Intensive Learning Center provide small group enrichment activities to GATE students once a week during the second and third trimesters of the school year.
- Estimated instruction time will be between 10-11 hours a week; preparation time approximately 4-5 hours a week.
- A curriculum will be provided.
- Opportunities to collaborate with curriculum developers may be available during the summer.
- Professional development opportunities may be available during the summer.
If you are interested, please contact: Shanti Gallegos, Bellflower Unified School District, Project APPLE/Grants, at (562) 461-2241 ext. 6125; or (562) 866-9011 ext. 2058.