This program will sponsor newly-enrolled or current Ph. D. students from a foreign university to pursue 1-2 years of studies in a Chinese university. Students who successfully complete the program will receive their Ph. D. degree either from home university, from their Chinese university, or both.
To apply, download and complete an Application Form. Mail the completed form along with:
- a photocopy of your valid passport (inside page with identifying information and photo)
- one 2-inch passport photo with white or light blue background
- one Recommendation Letter from the UCLA Confucius Institute
- two Recommendation Letters from faculty members who are familiar with your research (one of them shall be from a Chinese supervisor)
- Proof of Chinese language proficiency (e.g., HSK transcript or the equivalent transcript from the Confucius Institute)
Application deadline is November 30th, 2012. The application materials should include both the English and Chinese versions. Award announcements will be made by February 28th, 2013. The first group of candidates will start their programs in the autumn of 2013.