An Op Ed piece by Carola McGiffert, President of the 100K Strong Foundation, discussing her recent trip to China with leaders from the Thurgood Marshall College Fund and the need for students from diverse backgrounds to study abroad and gain the skills to assume leadership positions in the global workforce.
This program is designed for mature students who have an arts background and demonstrated interest in global culture. As studying Mandarin and gaining experience living abroad in China are key elements of this program, applicants who are native Mandarin speakers/ have spent large amounts of time living in China should not apply.
The Application Process
July 10-25, 2013
Students and teacher chaperones pose at the July orientation program for the China Bridge Summer Camp.
Confucius Institute Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: April 25, 2013
The program will offer financial support for students in the following academic areas:
Scholarship for One-Semester Students is provided to:
- Outstanding students of Confucius Institutes (Classrooms)
- Overseas local Chinese language teachers
- Outstanding performers on HSK exams
- Winners of the "Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students
- Outstanding graduates of Chinese language
The scholarship winner may choose to study majors including Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy.