Scholarship categories and requirements:
The Confucius Institute Scholarship Program is provided by Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters. This program is open to students and Chinese language teachers who wish to study in China, to preoceed to a Master's degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) in Chinese universities, or study in majors such as Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy.
Please click the categories below for details on scholarship category, application criteria and eligibility.
The Scholarship covers tuition, textbooks, registration fee, housing, health insurance, a monthly stipend, plus a one-time settlement allowance. The 2013 Online Application is now available.
1. Log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at http://cis.chinese.cn, set up an individual account;
2. Search for host insitutes and majors;
3. complete the Online Application Form;
4. Print and sign the form.
Provide the following documents:
1. A copy of passport photo page
2. Photocopy of HSK and HSKK Result Report
3. Notarized highest education diplomas attained or proof of study (Note: Documents in language other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translations in Chinese or English)
4. Reference Letter. The Master’s Degree Scholarship applicants are required to submit reference letters provided by two professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English)
5. A written commitment stating that the applicant will be engaged in Chinese language teaching for at least 5 years after graduation (written in Chinese and sign with signature)
6. Other materials required by host institutes.
Applications under the age of 18--shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
“Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions winners--please submit the award proof, reference letters provided by the organizers, or scholarship certificate (if already in China).
Chinese language teachers--please submit certificate of employment and recommendation letters provided by institutes they work for.
Please mail the application package to the address below before the deadline.
UCLA Confucius Institute
1339 Murphy Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1418
For information on the HSK test, please visit the Pasadena City College's website. The upcoming test will take place on April 20, 2013.