Confucius Institute Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: April 25, 2013
The program will offer financial support for students in the following academic areas:
- Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
- Chinese Literature
- Chinese History
- Chinese Philosophy
- Short-term Chinese Language Studies
Please click here for information on application criteria & eligibility and scholarship coverage. Host institutes for the scholarship recipients include Beijing University, Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University etc. Please click here for the full list.
Please click here to create an online application account. Applicants will be required to upload supporting documents online.
1. A copy of passport photo page
2. Photocopy of HSK and HSKK Result Report
3. Notarized highest education diplomas attained or proof of study (Note: Documents in language other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translations in Chinese or English)
4. Reference Letter. The Master’s Degree Scholarship applicants are required to submit reference letters provided by two professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English)
5. A written commitment stating that the applicant will be engaged in Chinese language teaching for at least 5 years after graduation (written in Chinese and sign with signature)
6. Other materials required by host institutes.
Applicants under the age of 18--shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
“Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions winners--please submit the award proof, reference letters provided by the organizers, or scholarship certificate (if already in China).
Chinese language teachers--please submit certificate of employment and recommendation letters provided by institutes they work for.
For information on the HSK test, please visit the Pasadena City College's website. The upcoming test will take place on April 20, 2013.